With more than a few different ways to sell the old car, it can be hard to know that which method will get seller the best results to get money. There are different industry professionals who are always able to buy these unwanted cars straight away for a competitive price to pay instant cash in hand. There are few questions which raised in mind of a seller before to sell a scrap car for cash.
Also visit: Melbourne Car Wreckers
When Do Seller Get Paid?
All payments are made on the day of the old car collection. Once the old vehicle collection company representative inspected the vehicle to ensure that the condition of this scrap car matches the details given to them during the quotation stage, Seller should call the team to confirm the details and once this has been done, payment will be made.
Will the Company Pay In Cash?
In most of the states, this procedure counts as illegal because few points are involved in this process which is mentioned below.
- i) Scrap metal buyers must be able to issue a named cheque or printed receipt of the transaction which was made.
- ii) There must also be a record of the person who made the transaction.
iii) If there is no proof that can be shown in this process to the transaction then it will be considered as incomplete and count as an offense under the Scrap Metal Dealers Act (SMDA) Law.
- iv) The seller also thinks about this point that If a particular trader is willing to break the law by offering or making untraceable payments in cash, then what else he could be doing which is illegal.
- v) Dealing with trusted traders is paramount to safety. So it doesn’t mean that all the dealers are trying to break the state law. Most of the companies are well aware and always prefer to maintain the reputation of the company among their customers. This is why they strictly adhere to the law and ensure that all of their buyers operate with the appropriate payments for their vehicle.
How Does the Vendor Get Paid?
Payments are made by either BACS (Bankers’ Automated Clearing System) or business cheque but no payments can be made in physical cash. This is only related to scrap vehicles.
How Much Do the Seller Get Paid?
The price which an owner of the old car receives for his vehicle, dependent on a variety of factors, for example; whether the car has been sell as a salvageable vehicle or as an end-of-life vehicle for scrap. Well reputed companies or dealers upload a simple quotations form on their websites to find out the value of a scrap vehicle.
How Is the Car’s Value Calculated?
It is a most important question which can come into mind that how the vehicle’s worth will be valued. Usually it based upon
- Overall mileage,
- Interior and exterior condition,
- Engine performance
- Damage and condition
- Recent repairs
- VIN number
- Number of previous owners (if applicable)
- Selling location (i.e. Zip Code)
- Whether the vehicle has any additional quality such as alloys
Because the buyers always prefer to pay an extra premium if it is considered a classic or it is a vehicle sought after for a personal project.
Who will Reimburse?
Of course, the purchaser of this old vehicle will be the one paying to the owner. One the vendor has accepted the quotation, the company shares the details of purchasing with him.
After that, the representative gets in touch with the owner of this old car to arrange the collection of it and once the vehicle has been inspected and the process of the car being collected, they proceed with the payment.
- Is There Need A Bank Account to Get The Cash?
In few states of the world, cash payments methods count illegal due to the Scrap Metal Dealers Act so most of the old car buyers companies now prefer to pay all the payments via bank transfer or business cheque.
Is There Need to Pay for Junk Car Removal Service?
No, Car removal companies or dealers now offer 100% free service to the vendor for this complete process. There are no hidden costs or fees and all collections are free.